_In honor of my first 45 years on this planet, I though it would be appropriate to share some of the things I have learned. So, here goes - in no particular order!
• Laughter really is the best medicine
• AFV is the greatest TV show in the world! (I can literally watch it for hours)
• Monday morning is not the right time to ask 'so what do you want to do when you graduate?'
• The world disappears when you look into the eyes of your brand new baby
• Be prepared when you pray for patience - God will give you opportunity to practice it!
• God hears our prayers
• Be thankful for EVERYTHING
• God really does loves me
• Grown up daughters become best friends
• Age is just a number
• I am fearfully and wonderfully made
• Hearing a baby laugh = instant good mood
• God's timing is always perfect
• Learning from my mistakes = growing up
• People may disappoint us but God won't
• Time spent with good friends is time well spent
• People don't care if your shirt came from Goodwill or the Gap
• When I give back to God he blesses me - ALWAYS
• Count your blessings instead of what you don't have
• People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
• It's not wrong, it's just different
• Family is ALWAYS more important than work
• Real men love Jesus
• Nobody will notice when you wear the same jeans 3 days in a row.
• Fish sticks and french fries are ok for dinner… 3 days in a row (it was a rough week!)
• Never leave home without earrings
• Ice cream is ok for dinner
• The digital camera is the greatest invention EVER
• Sometimes people just need you to listen
• Good manners count - please and thank you IS important
• A mother's love is unconditional
• My brothers aren't so bad now that we're grown up
• Sending a card 'just because' can make someone's day
• Keep an umbrella in the car at all times 'just in case' (I don't 'do' wet hair!)
• People are watching you - be an example
• An overdrawn checking account does not equal the end of the world (even up to 6 returned checks!)
• It's ok to say no
• It's ok to negotiate with a salesperson - the worst they can do is say no!
• When cutting your son's hair with clippers, don't start straight down the middle!
• People need kindness - say hello, smile, ask someone how they're doing
• Hugs are free
• Babies are more resilient than they look - goes hand-in-hand with...
• Eating needles from a real Christmas tree will not hurt the baby (they pass right on thru!)
• I am right where I'm supposed to be
• Don't multi-task when making dinner (don't ask! hehe)
• Our children need to make their own mistakes
• A movie marathon on a beautiful Saturday is ok!
• Love is a choice
• When God shuts a door, he opens a window
• Counseling works
• God's word is real
• Broken hearts heal
• It's ok to ask for help
• All we have is today
I'm looking forward to what I'll learn in the next 45 years!